Do you want your Holidays to be perfect and beautiful? Do you want to give your home that wonderful, sparkling Holiday feel but you’re just caught up in all the hustle and bustle of Christmas time? Don’t fret. Help is here.
Plan and Prepare Ahead for the Holiday
Make your home ready for your family and guests this Holiday season. By planning and preparing ahead for the holidays, you can enjoy more with your friends and family and be less stressed out. A great deal of preparation is cleaning. Yes, before you start decorating and preparing for Christmas, you must first clean your house.
Christmas House Cleaning To-Do List
We understand that you may be busy on other things; especially that December is here. So in addition to our regular house cleaning tips, we are giving out some additional helpful tips so that you can achieve that Christmas spirit in a less stressful and more organized fashion.
Make a list of what to do first and so on. Start with something simple like clearing your tables, tops, floors and other surfaces with unnecessary clutter. Pick up all the stuff you don’t need and throw away the trash. Put the usable ones in a box and organized them so that you can easily get them back when needed. Grab a laundry basket and throw in all the clothes scattered in your bedroom or other parts of the house. By doing these simple things first, you can make way for the actual cleanup. That way, cleaning will be much easier and less stressful. Aside from this, tidying up also gives an impression of a clean home even if you don’t really clean your home that well.
Start with the Kitchen
The stars of the home during Christmas are the kitchen and the dining area. A lot of pre-Christmas action happens in the kitchen. Imagine all the baking and cooking that you need to do in the kitchen. So it’s just right to say that you must start cleaning with the kitchen. Do the following when you work in the kitchen:
- Wipe the kitchen cabinets, small and large appliances, and others.
- Clean the stove top, grates, range and other surfaces.
- Clean and brush the kitchen sink.
- Clear out and clean the refrigerator. Make room for the upcoming foods that you will soon prepare and the possible leftovers.
- Create more space in the kitchen. You can store the items you don’t need elsewhere and put them back after the celebration. This will give you space for the punch bowl, serving dishes, silverware and other items and utensils.
Clean and Prepare the Bathroom for the Guests
It is important that you make the entire guest bathroom clean. Think of all the food, wine, beer and other stuff you eat and drink during Christmas. There is a high chance that your visitors and friends will use the bathroom. You’d want your guests to remember and talk about that rather than your dirty bathroom, right? So to help you prepare your bathroom, here are some basic things to keep in mind:
- Clean the toilet, tiles, floors and other surfaces. Use the necessary cleaning tools to achieve a sparkling effect.
- Put a basket in the bathroom. Fill this basket with amenities for your guests like hairspray, shampoos, soaps, razors, cotton swabs, toothpaste and others. You must also stock hand towels, bath towels and washcloths. Neatly fold them or arrange them in an attractive fashion.
- You can also fill your tub with bath salts, sponges, scented soap, bath brushes and other spa amenities. This would be a nice treat to your guests.
- After cleaning and arranging, finish off by giving your bathroom that holiday feel. You can place scented soaps, fresh flowers and Holiday decors.
Enlist Help if Needed
Some people like doing it all on their own. However, if you are the kind who works better with other people or if you are too busy to do all the cleaning and Holiday preparation yourself, then you must seek help. This could be a great bonding experience for the entire family. So why not get everyone involved? Just keep it light and fun. It is less stressful that way. After all, it’s a season for love and happiness.
But if you need that extra muscle from professional cleaners, bear in mind that you can count on Two Ladies & A Bucket. Contact us and we will come right in to make your home ready for the Holidays.