Competition among house cleaning professionals is tight. Because of this, it may be confusing for homeowners which cleaning company to choose. You are faced with countless options and you end up choosing just about anyone.
While a clever advertisement seems tempting, you must not immediately fall for it. Think of what’s best for your home when choosing professionals. Look for exceptional service levels and key benefits. That way, your house will surely in good hands.
What to check when looking for a house cleaning service:
- Check if the company brings its own cleaning equipment and products. This guarantees that the cleaners can use the products correctly since they are used to it. However, if you wish to use your own products, you can ask the company too if they allow such thing.
- Verify if the company is insured and bonded. This is important because skip and fall or theft that occurs during the housecleaning session may not be covered by your insurance policy. If the cleaning is insured and bonded, then all these are covered.
- Check if the employee’s’ references are confirmed and check. This gives an assurance that the cleaners have been thoroughly screened before they were hired by the cleaning company. You can also check the satisfaction rate of the company based on reviews and feedbacks.
- See to it that the cleaning company has a standard service agreement. This gives you an idea on what is included in a particular service or package. This way, you will know if the company already provides a list of cleaning activities, or if you still have to specify which areas you need them to clean.
We have also created a list of what to expect from a general house cleaning service:
Cleaning services offered
The things to expect depend from the kind of cleaning service you need. The following are considered part of standard general cleaning:
- Mopping of floors.
- Thorough cleaning of bathrooms and kitchens.
- Vacuuming of the different surfaces in the house.
- Dusting all surfaces, include fixtures and baseboards
- Making beds.
Basically, the cleaners will work on the common house cleaning problems and solutions. However, detailed cleaning is not included in general or regular cleaning. It is usually available as an additional service.
Your expectations may also depend on the frequency you specified. You can arrange cleaners to come weekly, bi-weekly or monthly. You can even ask only for a one-time cleaning. This usually depends on your budget and individual needs. However, the most common choice is every other week. Check out this “Ultimate Cleaning Schedule Guide” for a more in depth cleaning tips.
If you are not ready to get a recurring cleaning from a cleaning company, the safe thing to do is to get a trial. Hire professionals to do a one-time clean; and if you’re satisfied, then you can set up a long-term contract.
Another important thing to expect is the cost. The cost varies from company to company, or depending on the type of cleaning you need. However, on average, the cost of deep cleaning ranges depending on the size of your house, the location of your home, and other factors.
Subsequent routine cleanings are generally lower in cost. They typically range from $100 to $150. Again, this would depend on the scope of work needed. Be sure that you ask the company for an estimate and what type of cleaning is included in a particular price range.
Do you want to get a free estimate? Check out Two Ladies & a Bucket today.